Blog Posts by Category
- How to define your relationship with God so it’s no longer complicated
- What does the phrase “it’s a God thing” actually mean?
- Looking for a godly spouse? Watch out for these theological red flags.
- “Crisis Christianity“ explained through medical metaphors.
- Is your relationship with God driven by love or fear?
- Thoughts on perfectionism, God’s Grace, and black and white thinking.
- Ten ways for people with over-active minds to stay focused during church.
- The unseen connection between Mario Kart, and the Kingdom of God
- The four things people hide from in life.
- Memorizing scripture through song lyrics: part 1 and part 2.
- A Ferrari analogy to explain our extraordinary power in Christ
- How not to worry about tomorrow by thinking of yourself as a 5th grader.
- “How to tell if a guy likes you,” and why females should stop googling this question.
- A story about relational competition explained in terms of US history, kale salad, and cake.
- Should height or love at first sight, be deal breaking factors? I don’t think so.
- A few words on drama, introverts, invisibility, and the importance of staying authentic.
- Whether single or dating, use the famous 8 slice pizza strategy to enrich your life.
- Stop obsessing about the idea of someone, and let other people show you who they really are.
- Four common myths about women who wait until marriage to have sex.
- The connection between quidditch and relationships. Are you a seeker or a snitch?
- Whether gasping for Oxygen or exploding with sparks, it’s time to clarify the chemistry concept.
- Before you get lost in translation again, read the comprehensive guide to texting men.
- A story about the time I asked my older brother for relationship advice.
- Should women play hard to get? Here’s a poetic opinion on the matter.
- Reasons for the increase in gender segregation in young adult church culture.
- Find out the 14 commonalities of great thinkers summarized in the 30 days of genius series.
- Maximize decision-making energy by viewing your mind as a volleyball court.
- The case against waiting around for inspiration. Really, creativity is a boss.
- Make your life about verbs, not nouns.
- Struggling with writer’s block? Consider writing delirious, creating a tent, or dictating on a walk.
- The idealist’s guide to surviving and thriving in the real world.
- Strengthen your communication by eliminating these 4 words from your vocabulary.
- A story about the “6 characters” driving my train of thought.
- Hangry, object permanence and other ways adults act like toddlers.
- The dark side of the millennial generation’s obsession with nostalgia. The topic is covered in both paragraph and rhyming form.
- Reframe the negative emotions of transitions with this bay bridge analogy.
- Eat chocolate chips, tell stories, ask questions, and take your babysitting/parenting to the next level by using my “Socratic sitter” method.
- Live with integrity, or snowplow down the mountain.
- Is social media comparison making you feel lame? There’s a reason for that.
- People lacking boundaries will fear both engulfment and isolation; they resemble novice Marco Polo players.
- The food pyramid of the average young professional.
- Reasons your best friend, class rival, and class crush all make for great study buddies.
- A story about the time I tried to explain the grad student experience to a professor via analogies of chocolate cake and hypothetical motherhood.
- What it would look like if track athletes practiced in the same distracted way that college students studied.
- Studying in coffee shops for prolonged periods of time is bound to bring an interesting encounter or two.
- Ten ways to understand your friend’s breakup situation and study for your next anatomy/physiology test at the same time.
- A poem of encouragement for physical therapy test takers.
Trudelle Family Stories
- The unusual story of how my parents met, became teachers, got married, and ended up at the Priory (The most read post of this blog).
- An “ordinary” morning in the Trudelle house.
- How my older brother managed to rig the family chore system.
- Why the Trudelle’s are obsessed with bubbly water.
- A peek inside a family road trip car ride from the year 2000.
- The profound effect my grandmother, Nanuka has had on my life.
- The speech for my sister Laura on her wedding day.
- The email of “Costa Rican cupidity“ and flaming torch jungle runs which sent me to Central America just 48 hours after sending.
- The 2016 Christmas promo email.
- A poem for my niece on her first birthday.
- If streets could talk… they would sound like this poem of hometown memories.
- Tales of running beginnings and my first cross country coach.